Blog created for: Grandparents, family, birthfamilies, and friends. To keep everyone updated, and to share the fun moments in our lives.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WE DID IT! 13.1 MILES

We ran the Famous Potato half-marathon May 17th.
Our times:
Ben 1 hour 57 mins.
Heather 2 hours 42 mins.
We've got skills!


Ben's mom, Nancy; sister, Holly; & brother-in-law, Ben ran the race with us.


Holly made this shirt in honor of our favorite show "The Office".


This is the sweet shirt we got for finishing the race.

No, we will not be doing a full marathon next. I'm going to stick to FUN runs like 5Ks or 10Ks. Ben wishes to do a half marathon again and is also thinking of trying street biking.

9 comments:

James said...

Where can I get one of those office shirts? That is so awesome.

Piper said...

Congratulations! I don't think I could ever do that. Well maybe for that sweet shirt!

Jana said...

Heather! that is so good! Awesome job! I don't think I could walk 2 blocks right now :)

JT42 said...

way to go! i don't know that i would have the guts to ever try let alone do that well! very impressive!

Sorenson family trio said...

Heather,
I am so impressed that you ran 13.2 miles. That is so far. I do not think I could ever do that. Way to go!!!!
Gina

Brian or Julie said...

That is so cool. I have been wanting to do a run like that but just never have. It's easy not to. But look at you. You are my hero!

Lindsey from The R House said...

best office t-shirt ever. i am running the top of utah half and full marathons and i think i need to sport that shirt. EXCELLENT!

i'm adding you as one of my "adoption peeps." how is the outreach going?

Suzy said...

Way to go you two!!! I'm so proud of you! You have inspired me to eat more famous potatoes.

Erin said...

Great job! Did you train forever? I'm suppose to run a half with my sis-in-law in Utah in August and I am super nervous about it. If you have any tips, send them my way. Thanks.

2008 Summer Fun

Our Family