Trying to find the blessings in real life experiences:
1. We registered Luke for Kindergarten this week. He was so excited. Some how I had lost his birth certificate, and I had to order a new one. I almost threw-up when I looked at the receipt and realized that I accidentally purchased the $19.00 express shipping. GAG!
Blessing: learning to be more careful when making online purchases
Luke is cracking himself up because he has two hats on!
WANTED: A Two year old charged with throwing eggs in the garage, constantly trying to escape from the house, stomping on my garden, and eating the rest of my girl scout cookies.
It a good thing he's so cute!
Blessing: Gabe's sorry kisses, a cleaner garage, safer house, stronger plants, & a healthier mommy
Blessing: Gabe's sorry kisses, a cleaner garage, safer house, stronger plants, & a healthier mommy
Last week, Clark woke up at 1:00 am. He hasn't done that for months. When I checked on him I discovered that Clark had rolled over from his tummy to his back! Unfortunately he couldn't get bad over and needed some help.
Blessing: a healthy developing baby, gratitude for good nights of sleep
Blessing: a healthy developing baby, gratitude for good nights of sleep
Clark's Name
Back in September, before we knew anything about Clark, we decided to pick names for our future baby. We picked Clark or Samantha. Then we were contacted by Clark's birth mom and were delighted to find out that it was a significant name for her too. It was a really neat coincidence.

Clark is Ben's grandpa's mother's maiden name.
Clark is Ben's grandpa's mother's maiden name.
Then I found the name Clark in a couple of books I was reading to the kids. They didn't fit this description:
Clark the Shark wants to be furious but he has no teeth. He saves a squid from being eaten, and in return the squid takes Clark to his mermaid friends, who fish for pirate's treasure that they sharpen into teeth for Clark. Then he returns to his home to flash his new furious teeth. Interesting.








5 comments:
Woo hoo for Samantha!!!! We need a girl in the Hookie Hut!!! But I'll give you some time to let our little adorable Clarky grow up! :)
Miss you already! It was so good to see you on Saturday and meet Clark, he is adorable! Just want to kiss those cheeks.
xoxo - S
Way to find the good in things! I like your two year old egg throwing, cookie eating boy. Too funny.
I love the blessings you've found in your trials! Clark is a handsome little guy who does have beautifully colored skin- lucky little guy :)
Hi Hokie family. We have been following your blog ever since we received your announcement that your sweet baby Clark was born and we love it. You have such a sweet family. We are happy to be back in Idaho and be closer to family and friends. You have a sweet family you guys and yes indeed life does happen! Keep in touch.
Heather, Some day I need to talk to you about Clark's birthfather. We just went to classes and their was a birthfather there from Honduras who talked about this family in Boise and all I could think about was you guys. We have to talk about it. Call if you ever get a chance.
Post a Comment