Our Families Supporting Adoption Group participated in our city parade with an adoption float. Super fun. But we had to endure the rain while we waited for the parade to start. The rain stopped when we started parading. YEAH! It was a wonderful and successful way to promote positive feelings for adoption in the community.
Our signs got a little smeared, but the message was still heard.
The parade theme was "diary" so our theme was:
"We are "Moo"ved by adoption!" (Cows)
Our little cowboys
Parade Co-partner and friend in Adoption-Darci
She did so much to make this parade happen. She's amazing. Thanks!
Her family is currently hoping to adopt.
Adoption as an option:
On Good Morning America this morning they were talking about how teenage pregnancy is on the rise. 750,000 a year. They are having a special about it tonight. They will be showing the realities of teenage parenting. 8 of 10 birthfathers don't stay in the picture and the girls are left with the responsibility. I hope they mention adopt! Only 1 in 100 single women in an unplanned pregnancy place their baby for adoption. Why? Because it's the hardest way to go. It takes the most selflessness and love. I don't know, but but I do know that my kids are one in a hundred and so are their birthparents. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world. I love my 3 cowboys.






3 comments:
I'm so grateful that wonderful people like you have the opportunity to give a child a good life and be the parents you always wanted to be.
the parade looks like fun. What a great thing to suport. Adaption is great.
Gina
So very true! The parade was fun. Thanks for the picture, he, he. I have one in 100 children too! Thank goodness for birthparents!
Post a Comment