Thanksgiving morning I woke up feeling an abundance of love for my husband and children. My husband is so attentive, sensitive, serving, hard working, loving and passionate. I'm so luck to have him. Next, I'm thankful for my 3 little turkeys. There is never a dull moment in our home with surprises around every corner. Here's some thoughts I had about each one.
#1 Luke
Lately I've been surprised by Luke's budding artistic talent. He started art classes and came home with this beautiful pastel painting the first day.
He is a great student. He has taken charge of his education. I appreciate that he does his homework without being nagged. He is jumping into big chapter books now. He reads at a 4th grade level. He was a black dog in the mini-play his class did for education day. He's even helping a little in the kitchen each night, and enjoyed cooking tortillas. He loves to strike a pose and play tough guy to get me to laugh. To drive me crazy he cops attitude or ignores my requests.
#2 Gabe
I discover funny acts by Gabe each day. This week I found this army man in the butter and a patio chair hanging over the balcony by a bungee cord.
Gabe is really enjoying his new christian preschool. Actually he tested into the Kindergarten class. He's starting to read small word and adding numbers. It's so cute when he sings his school around the house, "1+1=2, 2+2=4 Jesus helps me with my numbers counting 1 to 10" AND "God Made Me. I'm so glad God made me." He loves helping me in the kitchen. He is going to be a ladies man. He's so sensitive. He likes to open my car door for me. Little gentleman. To drive me crazy he disregards safety issues, such as seat belts, climbing on things, and wearing shoes.
#3 Clark
Clark has been such a wonderful 2 year old. Now as he grows closer to 3 years old he is on a quest for POWER! Tantrums and destruction have taken over. I find coloring on the walls, trails of spices (salt, pepper, etc.) from the kitchen around the house. His new obsession with cartoons makes him too busy to use the potty. Lastly his sweet voice has been replaced by dramatic whining. It's a stage!

On the bright side, he is adorable! Everyday he tells me, "Mommy, you're the best." He is the best shopping companion out all the boys. He loves playing "I Spy" in the car. His smile is contagious. He has super expressive eyebrows. Ben taught him to raise his eyebrows and say, "Hey, Ladies." to the nurse at work. So much personality! He is adored by all around him.
PIES
I love how Saipan forces me to try new things. Back in the states we have such an abundance of family that we usually only have one or two assignments to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. We always make rolls and jello pretzel salad. That's what we do best. Well this year I had my first opportunity to make pies, with homemade pie crust. It was a success thanks to some over the phone tutoring from my SIL Bekah. 2 apple, 1 blueberry, and a pumpkin cheesecake. YUM!
We enjoyed Dinner with our "Saipan family". Our friends hosted.
Kids Table






2 comments:
That painting by Luke is amazing! Benj and Gabe must be telepathically connected. We had action figures in our butter too...
the pies look awesome! i'm sure they tasted great as well. we missed you at thanksgiving, though. i mailed your christmas package yesterday. hope it gets to you soon!
Post a Comment