Blog created for: Grandparents, family, birthfamilies, and friends. To keep everyone updated, and to share the fun moments in our lives.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Cereal

Our family's favorite cereals:
Ben and I: Raisin Nut Bran
Luke: Honey Nut Cheerios
Gabe: Frosted Mini Wheats
with a mix of all the cereals on the table.

So I made a decision long ago that I would try not to feed my kids sugar cereal. I was raised on "wholesome" breakfasts of oatmeal, cream of wheat, pancakes, eggs, and wheatie cereals. Being that breakfast is one of my boys heartiest meals, I thought it would be good to continue the tradition of "wholesome" cereals. Well I found that I have two down falls to this plan....


Reese's Puffs & Lucky Charms

I can't help myself from occasionally indulging.
These cereals aren't the steel oats that Ben's mom eats, but I like to enjoy them with the kids every so often. (Mom I love the steal oat cereal too.)

6 comments:

ej said...

I am with ya on the healthy breakfasts, I make my mom's granola and switch between that and Fiber One. I reapeat: Somehow I've gotten my children to eat Fiber One :) But just in the last few months when Nathan is gone I buy Lucky Charms and we occasionally have it for dinner. I had never served cereal for dinner before...now it is a regular temptation, lol.

Emma said...

I know my kids are werid, but they don't like sugared cereal. We stick with granola, hot cereal and cheerios...

Mandy said...

We just don't ever eat cereal, except maybe a treat at night. My kids are always hungry an hour later on the days I feed them cereal.

Cami said...

To answer your question you left on my blog...No she had one too :) I can't say I blame her.

Marisha said...

I wish we lived closer. I saw your early post with Luke's legos. That is all Caleb wants for Christmas also! I have been buying the stores out it seems like.

Mindy said...

I know... Griff and I have weak spots for many more cereals than just two. I was raised on the good wholesome stuff, too. So I always feel a little guilty pouring that bowl of golden grahams. :)

2008 Summer Fun

Our Family