Blog created for: Grandparents, family, birthfamilies, and friends. To keep everyone updated, and to share the fun moments in our lives.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

On to February!

Boys in Caribbean Shirts
This has had an eventful month, week, and day.
In January we moved into our new house and love it. We also left the kids and went on a Caribbean Cruise for our 10th anniversary. I highly recommend it.
The biggest news this week: Gabe is potty trained. He is very independent and private about it. He doesn't like to be told when to go, be watched, or helped. He will suddenly appear bottomless and announce that he has done his duty and we are welcome to come and see. He's awesome.
Today I was cooking a chicken carcass in water on the stove for chicken noodle soup tonight, and forgot about it. I didn't burn it, I TORCHED it! I came up stairs from putting the kids down for naps and the house was FILLED with smoke. I couldn't breath. After spending an hour outside and 3 hours with the doors open, it still smells very strongly of burnt tephlon. OOPS! So we had McDonald. 1/2 off Happy Meal Night!

4 comments:

Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

Wow! Hooray for McDonalds! Congratulations Gabe! Woo-Hoo!

Katie said...

Lol, Thats awesome about the chicken.

As for Gabe being potty trained, can I just tell you how lucky you are? Vince isn't even close.

Melissa said...

That chicken is the funniest thing, thanks for the good laugh. Thanks so much for coming to Luke's party, we love you guys!

ej said...

Way to go Gabe! And how nice to have a child be private about that, too cute.
Love the chicken story :) and you will too once your house stops stinking right?

2008 Summer Fun

Our Family