Blog created for: Grandparents, family, birthfamilies, and friends. To keep everyone updated, and to share the fun moments in our lives.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

it started all wrong . . .

We forgot it was daylight savings- So I missed sacrament meeting. Which was probably a blessing since I had another cold and had debated if I could handle it today. And I take back all the nice things I said about my kids in the last blog, just kidding. But I did have a bad mom day. I yelled at my kids many times today (I know that will burst the good mother image you may have of me). For example: when Luke undid Gabe seatbelt right after I put him in it, and when Gabe dumped a box of cereal and gold fish on the floor and a bottle of bubbles into the bathtub (it smells really good in there now). Poor Clark- his schedule got all messed up by church and the time change. To top it off Ben is on call today and he got called into the hospital right as he finished his church meetings, so I haven't seen him today. I should consider becoming 7th day adventist because Sunday hasn't felt like a day of rest in a long time. haha

7 comments:

Heather said...

ha. love this. totally how we feel a lot of the time. Sorry about the messes, but totally impressed that clark has a schedule... we need a good influence for mac!

ej said...

Oh heather, I'm sorry about your bad mom day- it honestly sounded like one for the record books! I hope you are feeling better with your cold soon.
If it helps- at my house tonight I was making the messes, dropped the casserole on the floor as I was about to put in the 9x13 to be cooked...
Thanks for sharing about your day, makes me feel better about some I've had...

L said...

Heather- I'm sorry you had a hard day! I still think you're amazing! That's why I chose you! Thanks for loving my/your boy! I love you!!

Juliann said...

I love reading your blog because it makes me laugh for one thing, and it also makes me feel normal. I had the worst day a couple days ago and sometimes when you have those days you feel kind of alone. Good thing tomorrow is a new week!

Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

Well, nobody will remember your one bad day. We all have them. They'll only remember the fun things you do each day. That's the great thing about kids!

Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

Well, nobody will remember your one bad day. We all have them. They'll only remember the fun things you do each day. That's the great thing about kids!

Tab and Alistair said...

Oh man, I feel for you. Sundays are hard without kid disasters, spring forward, hubby in the bishopric, and then leaving on call. In our next life, I am hoping for primary callings for both of us...

2008 Summer Fun

Our Family