Blog created for: Grandparents, family, birthfamilies, and friends. To keep everyone updated, and to share the fun moments in our lives.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pioneer Party

Our Ward Pioneer Activity
Yes that is me sporting my dorky pioneer clothes.
Ben & I went on a Pioneer trek last year and
it took a lot of time to make the clothes,
so I will wear them every chance I get now.

Three legged race
Face Painting

Egg toss

Water bottle rockets-not pioneerish, but super fun.
The stick pull


On a more serious note, the pioneer trek taught me a few huge lessons.
You can do hard things.
With the Lord you can make it through life's trials.
Men and women need each other.
We are God's miraculous creation with many strengthens. I'm thankful for the Priesthood, God's power on Earth, that my husband holds, and Womanhood-mother, wife, sister, caretaker of others. We hold an inner strength that is beyond beyond ourselves. A natural spirit of charity among us. We are noble, sensitive, and influential. We change the world through our children and those we touch around us. God meant for man and woman to be bound together.

4 comments:

Samantha Jane said...

Your boys are so adorable! I'm so excited for Palm Springs! It can't get here fast enough!!!

Katie said...

I agree whole heartedly.
You look great in your pioneer clothes, head!

Anonymous said...

Heather,
You are wise beyond your years, you have such depth of spirit. Love you
Mom

Mindy said...

Your so festive in your pioneer clothes. :) That party looked like fun, too. And great insight.

2008 Summer Fun

Our Family