We went to Island Park, Eastern Idaho, for our family vacation.
Our friends Cami and Travis hosted us at their family's cabin.
Ben's sister Holly and her family missed the trip with us because
her husband had surgery on his gall bladder. WE MISSED THEM!
We stop at the Twin Falls Temple Open house along the way.
When we walked in they gave us a pamplet with pictures of the inside of the temple.
Luke looked at the pamplet and then turned to me with big eyes and says. "Guess what! They have a pool here!"
We laughed and told him that the pool was actually the babtismal font.
We stayed the night in Pocatello at Ben's parent's house
there and back to break up the drive and see Grandma.
Gabe being silly at grandma's.
It was memory lane as we stopped in Rexburg.
That is where Ben and I met in August 1999.
We got to go to the new Rexburg Temple.
We got to go to the new Rexburg Temple.
(Thanks James and Jolyn for watching the kids.)
This is where Ben and I had our first kiss.
They were a regular date treat while we lived there
since they were only $.39 at the time.
This actually wasn't as messing as you may be imagining.
Island Park
4-wheeling was a favorite. The boys Loved it.
Ben couldn't go fast enough for Luke.
We rented a paddle boat on the river. Ben and Travis started
paddling up river really hard and we weren't moving anywhere.
We couldn't believe they were renting these out
and we were stupid enough to do it.
They got out and pushed us up river.
Then we parked it at the dock and ate popslices on it for the rest of the hour.
We played games like crazy.
I also finally started the book, "Twliight"
I felt like the only person in the world that hadn't read it.
I'm back into real life now and I'm a slow reader,
so it will be a while until i finish it.







5 comments:
Fun vacation! I love that game... Ticket to Ride. We have the European edition, which I don't think is as fun as the original, but still awesome. The ice cream cones make me want to go to artic circle right now. They are huge! Did Gabe really finish his? Anyway, looks like you guys had a blast!
So glad you guys could stop by and stay with us! It's nice to be a middle stop for some of your get aways! Great time, love ya
Mom
Looks like a lot of fun! Did you go to the reunion? We never made it, but heard it was good! Lets get together sometime soon!!
Heather... wow it's been a while! It was so nice to hear from you and from the look of your blog you guys are doing great! Looks like you have had quite the summer. Your boys are so cute! Hope you continue to have a great summer.
Cute photos. Looks like you're having a fun summer.
I loved the photo of your boys dancing.
Post a Comment